Passion of the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Be Mindful

Go down

Please Be Mindful Empty Please Be Mindful

Post by Jolie Zindargo Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:37 pm

When I founded this site I had a vision. I never intended it to be a strictly canon site. That within reason we would stray from the original storylines of Star Wars in the creation of our own SW universe. That of course is not a bad thing it is a good thing. Such as our having the factions on planets other than Coruscant.

I do however have certain George Lucas principles I like to adhere to. In both the original and the prequels no character was ever invincible. Qui-Gonn was killed by Darth Maul. Then Darth Maul was killed by Obi-Wan Kenobi. Obi-Wan greviously wounded Anakin Skywalker who became Vader. In turn Obi-Wan was killed by Darth Vader. Mace Windu was killed by Anakin and Palpatine. But Palpatine was killed by Darth Vader who then died himself from the confrontation. Even Yoda was defeated by the affects of old age.

My point is that George Lucas never created a character who could not be defeated. Also Force Powers in the movies had limitations. You never saw planets moving or galaxies force pushed into black holes. Some of those things exist in the Expanded Universe (much of which he allows but doesn't necessarily sanction), but I prefer to stick with the path of George Lucas. I believe it is more realistic. Even a fantastical universe has physics principles which apply, not all can be cast aside. Also to take that road is god modding and that is not allowed.

My second point today is that we have a rank structure here. As Jolie I am Grand Master of the Jedi but as Elliandre (My cover blown by a certain Shadow Lord) I am merely an apprentice. Apprentices in the George Lucas universe treat their Masters with respect. That doesn't mean don't ask questions etc or that a little insolence once in awhile isn't allowable because it is. Except for the site admins every character starts at the bottom. (We couldn't start off a site without leaders) If you look at Elliandre's posts she is being distinctly polite to Emperor Uchiha. That is how it is supposed to be. I know it is hard when you have rped for a long time on other sites to be an apprentice again. It is however the fairest way to do things. As Ellie I will once again gain something good I hope. I of course will not allow anyone to be mistreated as an apprentice either. The object is to complete training as quickly as possible and move on to the next level.

I include myself in these principles and ask everyone to please be mindful of both. Any feedback to this posting can be left in the feedback area. Thank you and happy rping.
Jolie Zindargo
Jolie Zindargo
Jedi Grand Master
Jedi Grand Master

http://passionofthedarkside.nstars.org

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum